Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Walks in the Windy Weather

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think,
 all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, 
and all the friends I want to see.

Todays post is brought to you by the letter W.
Ok not really that funny except to myself. Too much PBS tv today.
This afternoon I had to get out of the house so the kids and I went on a windy walk and picked wild flowers.
I use to do this all the time when I was in college but now that we live in the desert, finding flowers are
a lot harder. But while I was driving home the other day I noticed some in the empty desert next to our house. Lucky us. The kids loved it until the wind blew away the flowers right out of their hands.
That is spring time in Las Vegas.
Here are the few that made it back to the house.
ps. i mixed in some shrubs from our neighborhood to make it a little more full.

No comments: